DILEMMA

TRUST is a big word for me. Doing it is not as easy as saying it. I'm in the midst of settling all the documents for a maid. However, because I'm desperately inneed of someone to take care of my kids, my agent has been so kind enough to lend me the available maid at her house to help me meanwhile waiting for the real one. Alhamdullillah ....


First day
It was Sunday, me and husband wake up quite late at 9.30am (earlier we had already wake up for our prayers). We wake up seeing she's already up doing the house chores. Then the training begun... I told her everything that I can remember about my big boy Arif and cheeky Auni. I listed all the important schedule that she ought to follow because my kids are well trained and they have a very accurate timing for their meals and daily nap. I felt relief when bibik (the maid) seems to understand. I can see that she likes to talk and alot! But, realizing she's the one going to handle my kids eventhough temporarily, I bare with her interest in talking. What good about her habit is at least I know more about her, and it is well known when we talk too much all the things she tried to keep out from me were revealed. Example in her pasport was stated that she is 45 years old but looking at her I knew she's much much older than that, so I asked. Realizing that I'm suspicious she told me that the truth is she's 49. But still I bet she's older than that! I'm used of cooking so she doesn't need to do any cooking, I'll cook for my family including her.

The schedule for my kids are easy:

5.ooam - time for milk, both of them (this one I and my husband take turns doing it ourselves)
9.00 am - waking up, take their bath and eat some biscuits or milk, then just let them play as
they like.
11.30am- meal time (usually I cooked them porridge)

12.30pm- nap time .. actually it is more like day sleep because it will take them 3 hours of
sleeping
3.00pm- waking up, eat their meal (everything is readied), then let them play
6.00 pm - biscuits time and bath time.

Then I ussually came home right after they have settled bathing or starting to bath. After I'm at home every responsibility on the kids are mine again. She just need to do all the house chores. Not that hard huh?
Second day
I woke up at 5.15am as ussual to cook and settled to work. She is still asleep, no problem for me I'm used of doing my thing alone. Then it is 6.15am she's still sleeping ?? So I wake her up. Then she woke up prayed and I remind her to take a good care of my baby. 6.30 off I go to work. I came back around 6.30pm, my kids were bathed and they seems quite happy so I'm ok with that. At 10.00pm I told the bibik to go to sleep because I need her to wake up earlier tomorrow.

Third day
As ussual I woke up very early settling everything and guess what,.. even on the third day she can't manage to wake up early. 6.15am I woke her up, but she only woke up at 6.30am! Just the right time as I'm readily going to work! Oh my gosh! I thought to myself who is the real maid in this house?! What so difficult, I've settled everything from the food to washing clothes. She just need to take care of my kids and hang up the washed clothes. Why can't she wake up earlier just to help me a little bit in getting ready the items to cook. I came back earlier that day bringing back with me all the work to be settled at home. What amazing about her is when I'm home, she immediately like off work. Time to punch out .. I bet that what she's thinking when I came home. But still my patience is there, aside from telling her to do all the the chores, I just kept quiet.
Fourth day
Bla bla bla.. the routine, no need for me to write again.. and she's also continuing her ussual routine that is she will wakes up on my effort to wake her up. Coming back from work at 6.00 pm, without changing, immediately I cooked the dinner for my hubby since he's going locum at 6.45pm. As ussual when I came back my kid s will be all over me hoping that I'll spend time playing with them, but how can I need to settle the dinner. They are crying and screaming for me while I'm at the kitchen. I figured where's bibik, well she's taking her own sweet time at her room and then just sat beside them doing nothing. Oh please... at least go and play with them!
Worst is at night I realized that Arif (my boy) had a low gred fever. So while I'm busy settling aArif, giving him his medication and sponging him, Auni (my baby gurl) is crying for attention. It is very handful for me to play with Auni while sponging Arif. I can manage to do that ! but this is the reason I need a maid to help me ease my burden... As for the bibik!! She went to her room, and switched off the lamp and went to sleep... How could she sleep when I really need someone to help me. Well that's it.. this weekend I definitely going to talk to her seriously. Oh please let me have the courage to face all this.
So no need to write further... The conclusion is, it is so difficult to find someone I can trust and how can I trust her taking care of my kids when I'm at work! I really hope for someone to work honestly with dignity. I prayed for a good maid @ helper when my real maid arrived!






0 comments: