Years back when ....

Well well well... the starting of a new semester at all higher educational intitutes. I bet the students will be so eager in starting the new semester especially the freshies. Why not.. it is the starting of a new expirience for them. Not just them but also to me.. this is also the starting of a new expirience for me since this will be the first semester for me to teach at USIM. After 6 years in this academic world the excitement of facing a new semester is still there. Each semester promises a new experience that will always be an additional tepisode in the diary of my life.
Starting at the age of 22 as a tutor is quite early I think. But that is what I am, blessed with a job that I love so much after I graduated on 2002. That was the best year (at least until today) that I can remember, I met bunch of great friends that are really helpful and eventhough we've been far apart now, we still keeping in touch with each other. That is the year I learned on how to teach and also managerial work. There's limitations when we are in a small university that is still growing, we have to be a multi tasking person! So I did the work from teaching to sending letters for the dean.. But life is easy at the time, I never bothered of coming back to work early, I didn't mind staying back untill 11.00pm settling documentations for the LAN with my colleagues. And that is how it had been all that years. Alhamdulillah the university did grow bigger and bigger, at first I thought to myself that alhamdulillah, things is getting better and better each day but, then I realize its not! Things is worsen! Eventhough more students is coming in, additional staffs is there to help... life is getting more stressful for me! The management kept on changing and so did the policy, confusion is always there and even worse there's no staff development policy. My beloved prof , I mean the dean that I really look up to left the institution because of the problems. It was the starting of a torturious day of my life. The limit is when one of my dear colleague being the dean. I thought it will get better since he is once my friend and he knew the difficulties we were facing and all the sacrifice made by the staff. But yet, he changed! It was like I never knew him before, and that really hurts.
However, in every clouds there's always a silver lining, so with all the problems I did manage to get my masters degree and that is right on time when I decided to let go of the institution that raised me up and build up my character. I left, for a better future, I hope.
Until today I still prayed that my 'friend' will change and being the real friend that everyone like before.

0 comments: