I bet it isn't too late for me to write about the increasing price of oil and also the coming soon increase of the tariff for electricity. This situation had brought out panic among Malaysians.. why?? because when the announcement made... Malaysian had noticed that this will give rise to almost everything that's purchasable!!

I'm not blaming anyone for this neither pointing to anyone, but I keep on thinking to myself.. What had happened to our economy nowadays.. What happened to Malaysia and furthermore what will happen to the future of our country.. Sigh.. it's not only the patriotism in me that kept me worried, the thought of the future my children going to live in also made me terrified of all the events currently happen in my country, I mean our country!

Funny huh.. when news nowadays stating that the increase of petrol in Malaysia is lesser compared to other developed countries such as singapore, UK, united states... That is so funny because how can we compare if our per capita income is about one-third of theirs.. It is like comparing an apple and a durian.. Other than these two are fruits, nothing else is comparable.

What to do ?What to do? I'm just one of the many citizens that suffering from the increase of petrol. Maybe this is a sign for us all to get back to basic, to live the simple life of our ancestors did. No more using cars, neither using public transport because the petrol will also affect the charges over public transport as well. We should now start to improve our stamina and lets walk all the way to work (Argh!!! my workplace is 30km ++ away). Then we should start planting our own food, and furthermore why should we bother sending our children go to school, it will be more beneficial for them to learn how to plant and do all the village chores. At least it will save money for their future.

Back to basic or in harsh words it is back to the past. Is that the best solution? But then I realized once before when I was just a little girl I did ask my mom what is vision 2020 and she told me that is a plan for a better future for me. Weird I think why does my mom is so happy about that.. in that year of 2020 she'll be too old to enjoy the development. Now I know what it is all about, and I'm scared that if I do live long enough to the year of 2020, my children will still ask the same question because there's nothing to show them then.

Que sera sera....


0 comments: