Living in the past


Well .. life is full of choices that we have to decide which pathway should we choose. I don't mean to sigh or to regret but it happens that sometimes the idea of I had made the wrong decision did pop into my head. Does this happen to everyone ? This past few months I had made one of the biggest decision in my life aside from getting married, having a maid and bla bla bla.. I have decided to move to other institution and resign from the one institution I have been devoted teaching for 5 years. I knew that I moved for a better opportunity and for a better future insyaAllah, but why still deep in my heart I have this doubt and uncertainty. Worsen when even now I still remembering the days I spent there and my precious colleagues. Isn't that funny... I'm missing the one and only place that I once thinking of leaving and no turning back!


Before this one of my dearest friend did talk to me about living in the past and I doesn't totally agree with her opinion that most of us love to live in the past.. But now I realize that she's 100% right. The famous words from most people I've met is dulu kan...... bla bla bla, kan seronok masa kita dulu.... bla bla bla, do you remember when we bla bla bla! Yes that are some of the famous words for us that proven her hypothesis. Nowadays I realize that I'm one of the user of these words and that makes me one of the people that living in the past!!


So what should I do? Stop living in the past? But do you ever ask why is the past so good to remember and to live in. That is why certain people struggle to hold onto the past and, as the cliche goes, "keep their memories alive," but there are just as many people who push forward into the future without ever looking back. I'm not sure which group of people am I in to. All in all, I figured that although history often repeats itself, there are steps I must take to move forward toward a (hopefully) better informed, wiser and more comfortable existence. With that in mind and knowing I had numerous other ways to move on to, I chose to strive further rather than grieving and clinging to the past.

0 comments: