My Hero..


With great power comes great responsibility.. Quote and unquote the phrase from our favourite movie spiderman... So who are the superheroes in this real life? Who are those with great power? If I pop this questions to my kids.. definitely the idea of wonderwoman... spider man... batman etc etc will be their answer. Kids.. who can blame them for that when they are being fed with all these heroic cartoon characters everyday on tv.

For me, I have my own superhero! The one and only Wondermother!!! Maybe my wonder woman can't fly but she had a better super power that is a strong heart. A Greek saying states that only women who have washed their eyes with tears can see clearly. And that is so true! At the age of 10 I asked my mother what was she like when she was my age. She told me that she was nothing like me, way back then everything is different. My grandfather is just a fisherman and my grandma is a full time housewife. With 6 children to take care of, they were very thight up in terms of money. But even then she struggled to excell in her study, however she told me that she with all the strain she didn't have enough reference and guidance. She managed to be a teacher. Being just a little girl when I asked that question, I can't really relate all the situations she's trying to describe to me.

As I grew up, everything came into a clearer picture to me. I watched her struggling with the injustice done to her in her marriage, I watched her working day and night to give me a better living, and sometimes I can see her crying but never sighing. But the funny thing is she can still smile and she never let anything that happened affect me in any way. My success is actually mainly because of this supermom! Mother you are the only one person that know me from the very deep... I love you mom!


For everyone out there I bet you guys also have your own superheroes that is very precious to you and always there in many ways when you are in trouble... My advise is treasure them as we didn't know when The greatest power will take them away from us.

0 comments: